Friday, February 18, 2011

Moral Theology for Serious Thinkers


My take on this: I say if you're going to dissent from the magisterium, don't dissent on torture or lying, dissent on sex. You'll have more fun. We need to learn from the liberals on this issue.

Some of you have read Peter Kreeft's article on this, in which takes a surprising position. His argument that our moral common sense is almost always right was dealt with by me before he made it (see answer to number eight) . The fact is, as Dr. Kreeft admits, "our moral common sense is not infallible". The teaching of the magisterium on matters of faith and morals, however, is.

Well, I hope to move on to a new subject this coming week. Thanks for all your comments.

Oh, my friend Mark Shea covers this issue comprehensively here.

No comments: