Saturday, October 20, 2012

The Wreck of the Careless

Those who don't care don't care that they don't care.

Tonight, for the third time in our 23 year history of producing dinner theater shows, an actress has quit the day of the performance - this time an hour before we were scheduled to leave.

My red-haired daughter Kerry Jeanne O'Brien will be our emergency replacement, wearing Scarlett O'Hara's hoop skirt and reading from the script.  It's our only option, as we have 100 people waiting and the show must go on.

Say a little prayer for us please! 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I offer my prayers through the intercession of St. Genesius and Bl. John Paul II.


Dr. Eric

Kevin O'Brien said...

Kerry actually memorized a pared-down version of the whole script in the car on the way to the show and didn't need to read from the script! That's my girl!

Jamie Adams said...

I got this news 4 days late - congrats to Kerry for her last-minute "save" - I bet the audience loved the show.