Monday, November 12, 2012

Dawn Eden on "The Journey Home"

Dear Friends,

My friend, Dawn Eden, whose latest book, My Peace I Give You, is pretty darned good, writes about her appearance on The Journey Home ...

***

       Writing as promised with a reminder that today is the day that my interview for EWTN's "The Journey Home" airs for the first time. Here on the East Coast, it will be on at 8 p.m., but local times vary, so check EWTN.com for the times in your area. EWTN.com also includes a link to watch online, as well as a Channel Finder to locate the network on your cable system. 

       If you have any friends or family members who have suffered trauma, particularly if they have suffered childhood sexual abuse, they may find inspiration and hope for healing through seeing me tell my story on "The Journey Home." You could also recommend the interview to anyone who is in recovery, and to those who struggle with same-sex attraction (which, although not part of my story, is similar to the struggles I faced in overcoming disordered temptations). All who have suffered any kind of wound need to know the Good News of Christian suffering, and that is what I share in this interview. In addition, if you know any Jews, atheists, agnostics, Protestants, or fallen-away Catholics, my interview might also be of interest to them, as I discuss my conversion. And Chesterton fans should enjoy it, as GKC's influence is a key part of my story.

       I'm tremendously excited about the "Journey Home" interview's airing, because it enables the My Peace message to reach many people who would not otherwise hear it. There is therefore great opportunity for the healing light of Christ to reach people who have been living for years with misplaced guilt and shame. Please pray for the program's viewers, that God will use it to touch them so that they might find healing or that they might lead others to healing.

       As fate would have it, I will not be able to watch my "Journey Home" interview when it premieres, because I will be in the "Theology of St. Augustine" class at Dominican House of Studies, where I am currently working toward an S.T.B. and S.T.L. So I'll watch it when it repeats at 1 a.m. Eastern tomorrow morning. It also repeats at 1 p.m. Eastern on Thursday--but, again, check your local listing for times.

       Later this week, the "Journey Home" episode should be uploaded onto EWTN's YouTube site. I'll include the direct link to the video in my next e-mail update, which should be in two to four weeks. Or, if you're on Twitter, you can check for the link in a few days on my Twitter page: https://twitter.com/mypeacebook .

       In other news, I recently did a radio interview with Tony Rossi of the Christophers media apostolate, which went very well, as Tony is a wonderful interviewer. You can hear as a podcast via the Christophers blog.

No comments: