- I'm starting on Facebook, where I'm baiting a Devout Catholic who can't stand the thought that certain Catholic celebrities, media stars, or personal prelatures are actually subject to criticism. A few months ago, I would have patiently tried to explain everything to him, and if he didn't get it, I would have blamed my own lack of patience and my own lack of ability to communicate. But I've learned that people like this just don't listen, and it's simply more fun to tick him off. And it's the Holidays, after all, so let's have at it! I mean, really, what's Christmas without a good fist fight?
War is over, if you want it; or we can give peace a chance right in your big fat kisser. You can quote me on that.
- Next, I plan on really getting on my kids' nerves. That part is easy and will take very little time. My son is 20 and my daughter is 17. I get on their nerves by being in the same room with them.
- Finally, tomorrow night will see Christmas Eve dinner with the Obama Catholics meeting the Limbaugh Protestants around the same table. I genuinely hope the evening ends with both sides mad at me - and my wife in tears vowing never to speak to me again.
- As to my wife, Karen, well, she's always ticked off at me anyway, so she doesn't count.
- Finally, what's Christmas without infuriating someone on this blog? I don't know how to do it. Should I defend the Catechism? Criticize sexual predators? Stick up for the poor? All of these things have caused firestorms in the past, so I don't know which one to choose over Christmas.
At any rate, it's a simple Holiday wish, and I'll do my best to see that it gets fulfilled!
Merry Christmas to you all.
(You may lodge formal letters of complain in the comboxes below.)