Monday, January 14, 2013

Gone with the Passing of the Wind - II




This is what I tell people at our shows, "My wife and I run two businesses, Upstage Productions, in which we perform inter-active murder mysteries at wineries and dinner trains around the country (that's how we make our money); and The Theater of the Word Incorporated, in which we travel the world evangelizing through drama (that's how we lose our money)."

These pictures are from our October Upstage Productions performance of Gone with the Passing of the Wind at Holy-Field Vineyard & Winery in Basehor, Kansas.

In these shots, Ruth Schlomer plays Scarlett O'Hara, and her husband Gerald of Schlomer Photography took the pictures.  Yours Truly stars as Rhett Butler and Ashley Wilkes (Ashley is the blonde standing on a chair).

I have been blessed with very professional and talented actresses.  Ruth has worked for me on and off for almost twenty years, and Maria Romine (who plays Scarlett O'Hara here) has been with me for seven years or so.

Anyway, as you can see the mysteries are a lot of fun.  If you live in Iowa, Illinois, Missouri or Kansas you can catch one of our regular public shows.  If you live anywhere else (like our reader in Malta who recently sent me a DVD of a Father Brown mystery stage show, which I enjoyed), just bring us to your location for an evening of "killer entertainment".

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That look on your face with that moustache reads, "I'm gonna make you an offer you cannot refuse" :P

D.

Anonymous said...

Few minutes after reading the whole atricle . . . *big smile on my face*

You're very welcome, very happy you enjoyed it XD