Thursday, January 24, 2013

I Hate it When I'm Right

Now just THREE DAYS AGO I posted this ...

Why is it that Catholics in comboxes think it's OK to tell other Catholics to "go to confession" when they disagree with them? This is not the first time someone angry at me has said this.
"Go to hell" might be more vulgar, but at least it's a bit more honest. 

Just five minutes ago, a commenter on my post Forget about Sex, Let's Idolize Money! said ...

Please consult your nearest confessor on this thread. You have a need. 

Thank God for my readers.  Without them, I'd never know what a sinful son-of-a-bitch I really am.

The sad thing is, it's true!

Yours truly as Father Brown standing at the confessional, ready to hear my readers' confessions.

8 comments:

Scott W. said...

I think Mark Shea noted that "Go to confession" was a variation on "I'll pray for you and the horse you rode in on." Or what Uncle Di called the Olive-branch-in-the-eye tactic. :)

Jordan Henderson said...

You are lying. You don't hate it when you are right, you actually love it.

Go to confession.

Joey Higgins said...

Jordan, I can't tell if you are using satire here; if you are, it's too subtle for my taste. If you are not, man, go for a walk and relax a little. Life is too short for the petty nature of your post.

Jordan Henderson said...

Joey,

Yes, I was trying to be funny. Sorry, I often miss.

Kevin O'Brien said...

Jordan, I laughed. Thanks for sticking up for me, Joey.

Kevin O'Brien said...

And yes, I do love it when I'm right.

TMLutas said...

You really should put elipses when you strip out the timestamp of the comment that was slanderous. But then again, you seem to have trouble with elipses.

ivan_the_mad asked for references to the problems over here and thought I'd get out one last parthian shot.

Again, farewell

Kevin O'Brien said...

TML, you are welcome to copy and paste the entire comment here. I will not edit any part of it out, ellipsis or no. But the point of this post is not the argument you were making in that comment, but the fact that you, among others, often tell me to go to confession and claim I'm engaging in libel or slander when I criticize what I see as bad reasoning. Sorry you're leaving. But you might want to go to confession for misspelling "ellipsis".