Thursday, January 24, 2013

True Confession

Bless me father, for I have sinned.  On my blog I called a libertarian a libertarian.  I told sex crazed heretics that they were sex crazed heretics.  I called a spade a spade.  I quoted Scripture, in context, without proof-texting.  I pointed out what people were really saying underneath their veil of words.  I talked about the consequences of bad ideas.  I have criticized Christopher West, which is always slander.  I have criticized unrestrained Capitalism and used the phrase "The Economy" without genuflecting.  I have made people so mad that they told me to "go to confession".  I have made absolutely no sense and my commenters have made perfect sense.  I am too afraid to follow the rambling arguments of my readers, for fear of where they will lead and how bad I'll look when I'm shown up for the coward that I am.

And I murdered three men and knocked off a liquor store.

And that's about it.

Thinks: Holy Crap!  This guy shouldn't be blogging.

3 comments:

TMLutas said...

I was going to give this blog another shot, really but this was the post that broke me of the desire. At some point I hope you break yourself of the habit of making stuff up about other people, especially after they've let you know in no uncertain terms that what you have said or written is both false and hurtful.

But no, instead you go for confession jokes.

Farewell, and yes, I'll try not to let the door hit me on the way out.

Kevin O'Brien said...

Friends, TML, who seems like a good guy, even though he's mad at me, makes his full case in the comment box here - http://thwordinc.blogspot.com/2013/01/forget-about-sex-lets-idolize-money.html . I invite you all to judge for yourselves, based on what he writes, if what I"m saying is "both false and hurtful".

Tom Leith said...

TML reminds me of me. And no, I don't think you've said anything false or hurtful. But I don't think you should toss the word "slavery" around so freely. It just muddies the issue. Mostly what you mean by this is "dispossessed, powerless, dependent, proletarian".