Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Don't Believe Me ...

Don't believe me that Lying for a Good Cause is wrong.  Don't believe the Catechism.  Don't believe 2,000 years of Church Teaching.

Believe instead pro-life warriors Robert George and Bernard Nathanson:


George: “When you were promoting abortion, you were willing to lie in what you regarded as a good cause. Now that you have been converted to the cause of life, would you be willing to lie to save babies? How do those who hear your speeches and read your books and articles know that you are not lying now?”
Dr. Nathanson: “No, I wouldn’t lie, even to save babies. … You said that I was converted to the cause of life; and that’s true. But you must remember that I was converted to the cause of life only because I was converted to the cause of truth. That’s why I wouldn’t lie, even in a good cause.
Mark Shea has more on this. 

No comments: