Monday, May 20, 2013

Jesus Speaks on the Lying Debate

He speaks here on the Situation in General as well as the Situation in Particular.  (ht Frank Weathers)

Mark Holgate is right.  Catholics need to begin reading the Bible seriously - or at least begin reading the Bible.

Jesus says ...

My teaching is not mine but his who sent me. Anyone who resolves to do the will of God will know whether the teaching is from God or whether I am speaking on my own. Those who speak on their own seek their own glory; but the one who seeks the glory of him who sent him is true, and there is nothing false in him. - John 7:16-18

Or better yet from Msgr. Knox's translation (ht Joe Grabowski) ...

"Jesus answered, 'The learning which I impart is not my own, it comes from him who sent me. Anyone who is prepared to do his will, can tell for himself whether such learning comes from God, or whether I am delivering a message of my own. The man who delivers a message of his own seeks to win credit for himself; when a man seeks to win credit for one who sent him, he tells the truth, there is no dishonesty in him." 

No comments: