But on the right???
I have been told that right wing Catholics have been arguing, in blogs and in comment boxes, this week, that Lying is OK because
1. Jesus liedand
2. Peter's denial was not a lie, but somehow an example of "double effect"The latter, at least, happened in one of my comboxes, and the former I've heard before when this debate was raging.
These people should be ashamed of themselves.
Speaking of shame, here's what right wing Catholics have advocated on this blog since I started blogging ...
- They have advocated TORTURE, saying that the Church's condemnation of it is misguided and naive.
- They have advocated LYING, going so far as to say Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ was a LIAR.
- They have advocated the use of PORNOGRAPHY and rationalized their desires to gaze upon naked ladies.
- They have made excuses for ANTI-SEMITES and Holocaust Deniers, telling me that the Jews got what was coming to them.
- They have made excuses for BISHOPS WHO ARE COMPLICIT IN CHILD ABUSE, threatening me with physical assault if I dare question them.
- They have hailed as a hero a man WHO RENOUNCED HIS PRIESTHOOD in favor of spending more time with drugs and hookers.
- They have claimed that the MOST PRO-ABORTION REPUBLICAN PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE in history and his SCREW-THE-POOR RUNNING MATE were worthy of Cathotholic Media Outlets shilling for them.
- They have made excuses for BAD LITURGICAL MUSIC.
- They have argued vehemently for the moral correctness of ADULT SEX WITH TEENAGERS.
- They have behaved like ANYTHING BUT CHRISTIANS, all the while telling me that I'm the problem here, not them.
My friends, the strategy isn't working - the strategy of most Catholic bloggers and media outlets of playing up to this stone-hearted group of people.
I shake the dust off of my digital sandals as a witness against them. I have tried.