Monday, September 30, 2013

50 Days of Prayer - Day 38

[To go to a specific day's post in our 50 Days of Prayer, click on one of the days listed to the right. For an explanation of what the 50 Days of Prayer is about, click here. If you've missed some days, just jump in and join us anyway!] 

Day Thirty-Eight

The Plan



And beginning with Moses and all the Prophets, he explained to them what was said in all the Scriptures concerning himself.  (Luke 24:27)

What is revealed after the Resurrection is not just the New Life that awaits us, and not just that Jesus is "my Lord and my God" as Thomas recognizes in a flash of awe and astonishment (John 20:28), what is revealed is the entire plan and how it fits together.

Recently we went on a tour during which I was not only blessed with a great crew of actors who gave themselves wholly to our performances, but with an insight about my life and my vocation, a resolution of an issue that had been in flux for 3 1/2 years.  Suddenly I saw what a great deal of pain and suffering and confusion had been about.  Suddenly I saw God's hand in everything, even in redeeming my sin and my selfishness, which had been impeding His will all along.  Suddenly I saw that it all fit.

And I saw that if I remained somehow true, true to Him and true to what He was asking of me, that my whole life would fit in a similar over-arching plan.

Our lives are all part of this great and vast plan, a plan that writes straight with crooked lines, a plan that redeems sin and death by means of our sin and His death, a plan that makes sense of everything, a plan in which everything fits together.

It is not only eternal life that was opened up to us at the Resurrection, it was also the Plan.

Let us meditate on that as we pray ...


To you, Immaculate Heart of Mary, we consecrate ourselves – our hearts, minds, wills and lives and all those works we undertake so they may be for the glory of God, for the sake of the Gospel and the salvation of souls. Holy Mother, our Queen and our Joy, give to our hearts the dimensions of yours and form us in the image of your beloved Son.

No comments: