Alice Von Hildebrand has come out with a new book - critiquing Christopher West. If I were a Catholic Rock Star (I am) and a 90-year-old theologian who escaped the Nazis and was recently knighted by Pope Francis spent her prodigious intellectual talents writing what might be her last full-length book taking direct aim at me and my bad theology, I ... would simply soil myself.
So, maybe the Westians will rouse themselves again. If so, remember blog reader JVC's handy Angry Combox Comment on Christopher West Checklist. (Check those that apply if the comments begin appearing).
Angry Combox Comment on Christopher West Checklist
- Irrelevant personal anecdote involving Christopher West
- Confound criticism of West with sedevacantism or opposition to John Paul II
- Baseless accusation of a lack of evidence, despite numerous, readily available writings by the accused
- Reference to a clergy or lay member who has endorsed West (i.e. argument based on authority):
- Calumnious suggestion of calumny
- Excerpting something from another language, to demonstrate one's intelligence:
- Demand that the accused go to Confession:
- Sneering suggestion that the accused be charitable
- Insincere Christian greeting/blessing (e.g. "God bless you.")