Friday, October 17, 2014

Musial in the Morning



Well, my team, the St. Louis Cardinals, were eliminated from the post-season last night, but it was nonetheless my honor to have just now appeared on the Son Rise Morning Show to talk about Stan Musial, the greatest Cardinal ever.

I got home late last night after our murder mystery performance at Canterbury Hill Winery in Holt's Summit, MO, and around midnight my wife asked me, "Why are you going to get up at 6:00 am to talk about Stan Musial on the radio?"

She's a great wife, but sometimes she just doesn't get it.  I would have gotten up at 3:00 am to talk about Stan Musial - on the radio or in my living room.

My friend Jim Sala once told me, "Never marry a woman who can't recite the infield fly rule."  But we can't all be celibate, can we?

Anyway, we're rooting for the Royals from this point on.  And take heart - we know there's a God because there's baseball.




1 comment:

Tom Leith said...

My wife explained the infield fly rule to me once. I think. I don't remember what it is anymore. I do remember the ground rule double though. Stupid rule.